Arsenal have confirmed they have signed 19-year-old Matteo Guendouzi from Lorient

Moderator: optimus

oswaggiee
Supports: Napoli

12 Jul 2018 23:21

The teenager spent last season in Ligue 2 but hopes to make an impact at the Gunners after completing a summer move

Arsenal have confirmed they have signed 19-year-old Matteo Guendouzi from Lorient.

The defensive midfielder started his career at Paris Saint-Germain but made his breakthrough at Lorient in the French top flight in 2016.

Although they were relegated that term, Guendouzi impressed in Ligue 2 last season before the Premier League side came swooping in.

The France Under 20 international signs for a fee reportedly around €8m (£7m/$9.4m) plus bonuses.

"Arsenal have always been the team closest to my heart and a side I’ve wanted to join since I was a child," he told the club's website. "It gives me great pride – it’s incredible.

"I hope I can do great things here. It doesn’t get any better than coming to a club like this, with so much history, like Arsenal. I’m hugely proud.

"My hope is to become a top player here at Arsenal. A lot of great players have played here. I want to become part of the club’s history and to achieve great things here. I want to win titles, titles, titles. I want to establish myself here, which would be amazing. Winning silverware, as I said, is very important to me and winning things here at Arsenal would be incredible."

New Gunners coach Unai Emery told the club's website: "We are delighted Matteo is joining us. He is a talented young player and a lot of clubs were interested in him. He has big potential and gained good first-team experience last season with Lorient. He wants to learn and improve and will be an important part of our first-team squad."

Having made 30 appearances in all competitions for Lorient and is confident of making an impact in north London with a playing style that he hopes will suit the club.

K360 :mrgreen:

Einstein

13 Jul 2018 11:56

Arsenal day sign under age 😂

Kha Erl
Supports: Barcelona FC

13 Jul 2018 17:12

They got zero option.
🐕 🐒🥗🐈🐍Exclusively "KHA ERL'S" :idea: :idea:🍚 🐅 🦁 🐻🐔

Man like Nelson

14 Jul 2018 11:37

Juventus sign Ronaldo